CURRICULUM CONNECTION: CLIMATE CHANGE
SOCIAL 10-1 Perspectives on Globalization
KEY ISSUE: To what extent should we embrace globalization?
KEY OUTCOME: Students will understand, assess and respond to the complexities of globalization.
Related Issue 1: To what extent should globalization shape identity?
Related Outcome 1: Students will explore the impacts of globalization on their lives.
- Climate change is both a feature, and consequence, of globalization. Explain.
- Is further globalization a consequence of climate change?
Related Issue 3: To what extent does globalization contribute to sustainable prosperity for all people?
Related Outcome 3: Students will assess economic, environmental and other contemporary impacts of globalization.
- Climate change is a major unintended consequence of globalization. How does globalization affect climate change?
- How has climate change created a more interconnected world that requires broad/global cooperation in order to seriously respond?
- Is globalization the right ideology to tackle climate change?
Related Issue 4: To what extent should I, as a citizen, respond to globalization?
Related Outcome 4: Students will assess their roles and responsibilities in a globalizing world.
- What is my role as a global citizen in the fight against climate change? Look at examples of climate litigation around the world as an example.