CURRICULUM CONNECTION: SPECIES LAW
SOCIAL 30-1 Perspectives on Ideology
KEY ISSUE: To what extent should we embrace an ideology?
KEY OUTCOME: Students will understand, assess and respond to the complexities of ideology.
Related Issue 1: To what extent should ideology be the foundation of identity?
Related Outcome 1: Students will explore the relationship between identity and ideology.
- Does our ideology affect how we treat/protect species at risk?
- Consider species at risk laws within the context of the Anthropocene.
Related Issue 2: To what extent is resistance to liberalism justified?
Related Outcome 2: Students will assess impacts of, and reactions to, principles of liberalism.
- Is the theory of anthropocentrism in contrast with protecting our species?
- Should we alter this ideology to better protect our species at risk?
- Is this a resistance to liberalism?