CURRICULUM CONNECTION: SPECIES LAW
SOCIAL 30-2 Understandings of Ideologies
KEY ISSUE: To what extent should we embrace an ideology?
KEY OUTCOME: Students will understand, assess and respond to the complexities of ideology.
Related Issue 1: Should ideology be the foundation of identity?
Related Outcome 1: Students will understand the relationship between identity and ideology.
- Does our ideology affect how we treat/protect species at risk?
- Consider species at risk laws within the context of the Anthropocene.
Related Issue 2: Is resistance to liberalism justified??
Related Outcome 2: Students will understand impacts of, and reactions to, liberalism.
- Is the theory of anthropocentrism in contrast with protecting our species?
- Should we alter this ideology to better protect our species at risk?
- Is this a resistance to liberalism?